Panasonic P2 HD VariCam Series – Advancing the VariCam Legacy
Recognized globally as the industry’s premier digital cinematography camera, Panasonic’s VariCam® HD Cinema Camera has established itself as an indispensable acquisition tool delivering the distinct, prized look of film. The P2 HD VariCam series advances the art of high-end digital cinematography, combining the exceptional reliability and fast workflow of solid-state technology with master-quality, 10-bit 4:2:2 AVC-Intra recording; and the creativity of variable frame rates and shutter speeds to produce beautiful images for movies, documentaries and sports.
High Image Quality, Ultimate Flexibility, Tapeless Workflow
The VariCam 2700 offers intuitive operation with single-step variable frame rates ranging from 1 fps to 60 fps (in 720p mode), advanced gamma settings, and essential interfaces including three HD-SDI outputs. Utilizing three 1-megapixel 2/3-inch native HD resolution CCDs, the VariCam 2700 records independent-frame 1080 and 720 images in AVC-Intra 100 and AVC-Intra 50 as well as in industry-standard DVCPRO HD. The solid-state HPX2700 offers you an ever-ready workhorse camera for a variety of professional HD shooting applications at a surprisingly affordable price.
The VariCam 2700 provides the reliability and fast workflow needed in today’s demanding production environments. P2 HD provides immediate access to recorded video for on-set viewing and the benefits of metadata to more easily manage your content.
With five 64 GB P2 cards installed, the VariCam 2700 can record up to 400 minutes in AVC-Intra 100 at 1080/24p, 800 minutes in AVC-Intra 100 at 720/24p and 320 minutes in other other AVC-Intra 100 or DVCPRO HD formats.
• 720p / 1080p switchable
• AVC-Intra 100, AVC-Intra 50 and DVCPRO HD codecs
• AVC-Intra 100 provides master-quality, 4:2:2, 10-bit recording
• Offers choice of progressive/interlace HD video formats including 720 23.98p/24.00p/25p/29.97p / 50p / 59.94p, as well as 1080 23.98p/24.00p/25p/29.97p / 50i / 59.94i
• Variable frames (1 to 60fps) and 1080 23.98/24psf HD-SDI output (when in 1080 mode)
• AVC-Intra compatibility with leading NLEs, including Apple Final Cut Pro 6, Autodesk, Avid Media Composer Family Version 3.0, Avid NewsCutter Family version 7.0 and Quantel
• Scan reverse allows for anamorphic lens adapter use (to create a 2.35:1 aspect image for wide-screen cinematic shooting) or for use with an HD lens adaptor for 35mm lenses
• Dynamic Range Stretch to automatically suppress blocked shadows and blown highlights
• Chromatic Aberration Correction compensates for the inherent color deficiencies found in some lenses
• Advanced gamma settings including Film-Rec
• 14-Bit Digital Processing with 12-Axis Color Correction
• High F10 sensitivity at 2,000 lx, Minimum illumination of 0.021 lx (at 1 fps VFR and +30-dB gain-up)
• Electronic shutter that offers seven shutter speeds up to a maximum 1/2000 second (plus a Half mode) and unique angle settings (similar to a film camera)
• Proxy data recording available (with the optional AJ-YAX800G board)
• Newly-designed grip handle with five threaded holes for mounting accessories and a 3-point locking viewfinder mount for precise adjustment (color viewfinder compatible)
• 48-kHz/16-bit, four-channel digital audio recording
• Multiple system Interfaces, including three HD-SDI Outputs, USB 2.0 and down-converted SD video output and IEEE 1394 output (DVCPRO HD codec recording only)
The PMW-EX3 compact camcorder with an interchangeable lens system incorporates three ½-inch type Exmor™ Full HD CMOS sensors, each with an effective pixel count of 1920 x 1080, delivering stunning-quality HD images in 1080P, 720P, and 1080i HD resolutions. A rich variety of features for creative shooting are incorporated into this camcorder such as “Slow & Quick Motion”, which is also commonly known as “over-cranking” and “under-cranking”, selectable gamma curves, slow-shutter, interval recording and the Picture Profile™ feature. Additionally, the PMW-EX3 offers a convenient remote-control and multi-camera operation capability, which allows use with high-end camera systems.
½-inch interchangeable lens system
Time Code in/out
8-pin remote control for studio operation